Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Night Before School

I couldn't let this day pass without writing to you. I can't believe that you are starting Kindergarten tomorrow. I mean where has the time gone? I don't know what I am going to do without you all day. I think that Brigham and I will be counting down the minutes until it is time to pick you up. I know Brigham is going to go through major withdrawls. You are his playmate and way more fun than mom.

Yesterday Dad and I took you to meet your teacher, Mrs. Hilland. You were bouncing off the walls with excitement and did not want to leave your class. We stayed there for a long time so that you could talk to your teacher, sit in your desk, find your cubby, count to 100, say the alphabet, sit on the circle carpet, play in the centers and color the playhouse. We then walked around the school and found the library, lunchroom, and computer lab. You wanted to meet everyone and wouldn't leave until we talked to the Principal. You are quite the social butterfly.

Today we had all the girls in the neighborhood over that are starting kindergarten for a Back to School Party. Shea Deaton (your best friend), Zaidy Daniels, Leila Skousen, Anastasia, and Macy Pruitt were all there. We painted pictures with apples, made sugar cookies with letter cookie cutters, had a sack lunch and had show and tell. Everyone had a great time and kept asking if you could have another party soon. This is a tradition that I would love to keep going as the years go on.

And now it is time for the big day. We have your backpack and supplies ready and your lunch box open, but I am not sure if I am ready for you to go yet. In fact just writing this is making it feel real and my heart is saddened. Don't get me wrong I am so excited for this big step in your life, but it also means that a chapter is closing. You won't be there for hugs during the day or for cuddles on the couch while watching cartoons. No more sitting in pajamas half the day and eating a late breakfast and playing outside all morning. No, life is beginning. Welcome to alarm clocks and rushed mornings. Homework and routines. But also welcome to new friends, new adventures, and learning lots of new things. You will do fantastic. I have no doubt about it. You are extremely smart and wise beyond your years.

Daddy gave you a Father's Blessing tonight. The spirit was strong as he placed his hands upon your head to give you a blessing before you start this new adventure in life. He blessed you with the strength to stand up to your peers and to always choose the right. He blessed you to know of Heavenly Father's love and the love of your family. And to always remember that you are a Daughter of God.

I am so grateful that Daddy has the priesthood and is able to bless our family. I want you to know how truly special this is. I pray that when you marry that you will choose a man that honors his priesthood as it is such an incredible blessing. I also want you to always remember that you are a Daughter of God. How awesome is that?! Heavenly Father knows you and loves you. He knows that you are starting school tomorrow and He will be with you. He will send his spirit to watch over you. Incredible!

Brooklyn, remember that your mom, dad and brother love you very much. For always, forever, and no matter what! We will be thinking about you all day tomorrow. Maybe we can go get ice cream after school so you can tell me all about it. I can't wait to hear. I love you! Good luck tomorrow. I know that you will do great, my big kindergartener.

No comments:

Post a Comment