Wednesday, July 29, 2009

First Day of Kindergarten

Well, the first day of kindergarten was a success! You woke me at 6:30 all excited to get ready for school. All of us took you to school and you really didn't want anything to do with the playground you just kept asking when it was time to go into class. When the time finally came I walked you in and you sat down and said goodbye as if it was no big deal. As we walked out of the door Brigham was sad and asked why we were leaving sissy. He had such a sad little face and said that he missed you. Poor little guy. He looks up to you and sure loves his big sis.

After school when I picked you up you had already made a few friends. Your favorite new friend is Gibson and you couldn't stop talking about him. He has CP just like mom, but he can't talk. You thought that his "talker" was the coolest thing ever and you keep asking me when he can come over to play. Your teacher even emailed me today to tell me how patient you were with him. I hope that you two become good friends. I love that you can see past him limitations and just want to be his friend. What a blessing you are to so many people Brooklyn. I can't help but think that you were put in this particular class just so that you and Gibson could be friends. I have really struggled over the past few months trying to figure out where you should go to school. I went back and forth but ultimately felt like this was where you were supposed to be. I even thought about asking for a certain teacher but every time I thought about it I had the impression that Heavenly Father knew where you needed to be and He would put you in a particular class. Then when you were assigned the teacher that everyone else had requested but didn't get I knew that there must be a reason. And now I know why. Honestly I have felt the Spirit very strong today. Stronger than I have in a long time. I KNOW that Heavenly Father is watching over you and He knows you. He knows what you are capable of. He knows that you and only you can make an impact on Gibson's life. And I am sure that Gibson will also make an impact on your life. I am grateful for the gospel and I am grateful for a Heavenly Father that loves each of us. He has a plan for you Brooklyn. He knows YOU! How awesome is that?!

I love you, Brooklyn! You are such a blessing in my life and in the lives of so many others. I don't know how I got so lucky to have you as my daughter. I learn so much from you everyday. You are incredible!

No comments:

Post a Comment