Friday, March 26, 2010

Girl's Night

Last night Dad kept the boys so just the two of us could spend the evening together. We both needed some girl time and we had a lot of fun. You wanted to start at Mi Amigo's for dinner which made me happy since it is my favorite place. I enjoyed sitting and talking about school, friends and life with you and we of course played lots of games of tic-tac-toe. I asked you why you have been so sad lately and you said that you didn't know but that your body felt funny and you feel like crying all the time. My heart breaks for you. I wish I could take all of your pain away, but that is not the plan. This life is a time of trials and this is one that you must go through at your young age.

I want you to know that I love you Brooklyn. I feel sad too a lot and I can't always explain why. You are not alone. I will be by your side the entire way. You can come to me. It is ok to be sad and it is ok to cry. It will help you to feel better. I am trying to teach you that when you feel this way that you can always turn to the Lord. He will be by your side when nobody else can be. He knows your heart and He knows how you feel. He loves you very much, Brooklyn and He wants to help you feel better. His love can heal your heart.

After dinner we headed to the movies to see Princess and the Frog. I loved that you wanted to sit on my lap the entire movie. We sat and cuddled and just enjoyed being close to one another. I think that is what you need right now and I was happy to do it.

Thanks for spending the evening with me my sweet daughter. I love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment